- Naviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness program that helps align student strengths and interests to post-secondary goals.
- Students must login to Naviance using their username and password assigned to them. Username: firstname.lastname and Password: OSIS number.
SAT Official Website/College Board
- College Board connects students to opportunities through programs and services such as the SAT, You Can Go and Big Future. You can register, see and send scores, and practice for the SAT. There are free test prep materials such as practice questions, practice tests, and the question of the day.
- Daily practice for the new SAT is now available through an app from College Board. This free app provides practice through Question of the Day and instant practice paper test scoring.
- Khan Academy has partnered with College Board, the creator of the SAT, to provide free SAT practice.
- Practice tests, study and test-taking tips, interactive practice, and instant feedback
- Personalized practice recommendations, diagnostic quizzes to pinpoint your areas for practice, video lessons, and hints
- Sign up for free
- Also provides practice in other academic areas
ACT Official Website
- ACT provides information on the ACT test as well as free test prep.
- Test prep includes ACT practice tests, Question of the Day and sample test questions
- CollegeWeekLive helps students with their college search. Students use the site to navigate the college admissions process and find the best college match.
- The website enables students to live chat with admissions representatives and watch presentations from education experts on topics such as mastering the SATs/ACTs, writing a standout college essay, choosing a college, and more.
- Many public and private not-for-profit colleges and universities in New York are incorporating online degree programs. OnlineColleges.net provides an investigative review of the online education landscape and critically evaluates the best program available, from quality to affordability. Most importantly, they have provided scholarship information that students can leverage to help finance their education.You can see the entire guide along with some of its features here:
Trade Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- Opportunities in education and training are available for men and women in all branches of the Armed Forces.
- Your options for enlisting include the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard, and U.S. Merchant Marine.
- To join the military, there is a physical requirement that entails an extensive full physical exam and the Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB), which tests your mental qualifications and determines your job placement. There is also a required legal background check. Recruits must be high school graduates or on track to graduate within a year.