As principal, my commitment to our students, family, and staff is greater than ever. Quite simply, I am so incredibly proud to work with such a remarkable group of individuals. It brings me great joy to bring students back into the building and to see students happy and successful, especially during the most unprecedented time in our lives. I want to take this opportunity to thank all the parents and guardians for choosing us as a safe haven for your children and for believing in the college promise.
The ongoing pandemic has pushed our students and staff to adopt a new means of education, connecting us in ways that we had not imagined a few years ago. Together, we have had continuous resilience against the challenges we faced during a time that will be remembered in history for decades to come. After months of adapting to online learning, we are eager to finally return with a bit of normalcy this fall. At Integration Charter Schools, the social, emotional, and physical safety and well-being of our students is always top priority. We are entering the new school year with a dedication to maintaining the highest standards of elementary school education to ensure that there will be no shortage of opportunities for your children to receive quality instruction each day.
We are looking forward to welcoming your children to larger classrooms, brand new facilities, access to new technology and of course, lots of learning and fun! We are confident that this will be a wonderful year of learning and growth for all of our students.
Thank you for choosing Lavelle Prep, and we look forward to working TOGETHER with you. Please see below for important information regarding in-person learning.
Our health and safety protocols in place include the following:
- Our already small class size creates a smaller classroom community with less potential for exposure. Each classroom will be configured to socially distance students at least 3 feet apart, wherever possible.
- For all staff and students, masks are mandatory and must be worn while indoors and on busses. N95 and KN95 are masks recommended for their efficiency, though any mask is acceptable.
- To minimize contact and risk of exposure, all students will be eating lunch in their classrooms with students who are in their class.
- Classrooms are thoroughly cleansed and disinfected each day.
- Each building is equipped with HEPA air filters for air purification and ventilation.
- Hand sanitizing stations are accessible throughout the buildings and in each classroom.
- Thorough contact tracing protocols in place for any potential exposures or COVID-19 infections.
All students age 12 and over are eligible for vaccination. ICS strongly encourages families to vaccinate eligible students prior to the start of the school year.